Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sept #3: Just For Fun...


I need more time with the post that I’ve been working on for the past two days…For what it’s worth, it’s a topic that would be much better as a book than a blog post, and I’m fully willing to acknowledge that I may very well have bitten off more than I can chew with it…we’ll see what happens over the next few days.

For those who have been curious to know what has preoccupied my attention to fully, here’s the topic: Breaking down the theology behind the Catholic Church’s position on same sex marriage. It may come as a surprise to many of my friends, but I once very seriously considered pursuing a Masters in Theology, with a focus on Sexual Ethics, so this post would be a bit of first step back in this area of study.

As I’m sure you can appreciate, this is a huge subject- both mentally and emotionally draining- and it is one that must be done right or not be done at all. So I’d rather take the extra time to flush out my research and really do the topic justice than just publish a poor summary of the topic.

That being said, tonight I’m going to post on a completely unrelated topic, to clear my mind a little bit and maybe even bring a smile to a few of your faces.

So, without further ado, I give you Slam-Dunk Sammie and the Happy Feet!



Also, just for fun, here's a video of Sammie swimming solo. Frick, he's cute. 



This post is part of my September Blog Challenge. I will be posting a new blog post on (at least) every other day of the month, for a total of no less than 15 posts throughout the month.  The purpose of this challenge is nothing more than to push myself to continue using writing as a way of releasing energy and opening my mind. 



No comments:

Post a Comment