Monday, October 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Challenge #8: All the good things

There is so much to be grateful for this year that I hardly know where to start.

A beautiful, loving family. Wonderful supportive friendships. A roof over our heads. Food in our bellies. Happy memories in our hearts.  Exciting days to look forward to.

Truly, my life has never been better.

In 2012, we welcome two new members in our family. Our beautiful sister Heidi and my perfect nephew Nico.  And now, as we await "BabyToo", I am awed at how our family has grown and reached such a wonderful state of balance.

With great thankfulness should always come the great desire to share our blessings with the world. Thanksgiving always kick starts the beginning of the "holiday season" in our household, which is filled not only with celebrations, joy and laughter, but also with different family activities centered around giving back to our community and those less fortunate than we are. It's my favourite time of year, and truly a time that reconnects me with the greater meaning of "love".

So this Thanksgiving, I am particularly grateful to my mother, who taught me about humility, compassion, and love of our fellow man.  Every dollar and can we give is in large part owed to her ongoing positive influence in our lives.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.


This is post is part of the October Thanksgiving Challenge. I will post a new Thank You blog post every day during the month of October. I encourage you to follow Kevin, the mastermind of this challenge at www.kevinolenick.wordpress.com and fellow blogger Natasha at www.naturalurbanmamas.com. And, if you're up to it, consider doing your own challenge, big or small, to remind yourself to focus on the many blessings in your life.  I've also added a slight 'writing' component to this month's challenge: No posts are to exceed 500 words.  

No comments:

Post a Comment