Monday, October 15, 2012

Thanksgiving Post #15: Reflection

Every day. Every hour. Every minute. Every second.

Each is a gift.

A miracle, in and of itself.

To take one for granted is to forget just how quickly everything can be taken from you; how life can change in the blink of an eye.

And the saddest part is that- all too often- it takes a tragedy to remind us of just how fragile we really are.

I hate that I needed this reminder. But the message has been received.

In this moment, I am grateful for simply being alive.

And hopeful that those I love will be protected and kept safe.

Amen.


This is post is part of the October Thanksgiving Challenge. I will post a new Thank You blog post every day during the month of October. I encourage you to follow Kevin, the mastermind of this challenge at www.kevinolenick.wordpress.com and fellow blogger Natasha at www.naturalurbanmamas.com. And, if you're up to it, consider doing your own challenge, big or small, to remind yourself to focus on the many blessings in your life.  I've also added a slight 'writing' component to this month's challenge: No posts are to exceed 500 words.  

1 comment:

  1. I don't know your circumstances, but will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    I'm sorry for what you & your family are going through.

    ReplyDelete